Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ãgghhhh But it was fun...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Dec 14, 2000.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Well I was pissed cause it was snowing everywhere but here today... It just rained here... most of the day... BUt rain means MUD!!! ANd the mud hole i frequently visit was all thawed out... All 1.5 feet deep of mud... :) So what would any K5'r do... Yup... PLAY!!!
    Well by the time i was covered... Windshield and all... I noticed my stereo no longer worked... I have a JVC CD Player.. never had a problem... Oh well It was fun... But when I got to my house i left my lights on and the buzzer didnt go on... And when i tried to lock my doors (electric) they didnt lock... and my dome light didnt go on either... by the light switch or either open door... I looked at the fuse panel and found a broken fuse... I replaced it... It was the 20 Amper for accesories... Still nothin... It's cld, wet and I DONT HAVE A CD PLAYER NOW!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!
    ANy one got any ideas to shorten the process???

Thanks ½

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

This may sound stupid but, did you check your battery and connections?Possibly the alternator.sounds like the alternator quit working and you were running off the battery's power.just a thought.

Chuck
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Well, when ya get into the mud...wierdness ensues...I've seen alternators go bye-bye and come back with a beer poured through them...seriously! I would let the sucker sit for a while and see what she does or depending on the weather or if ya got a heated garage let her dry up a bit or start spraying some WD-40 and checking connections. First thing is hit the lights and crank the starter... see if it dims much...always suspect power wire going to starter after wetness.... a few tries will usually get er firing.

"I'm not stuck...I just dropped my beer in my lap"

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

A 78' with power windows? You LAZY SPOILED BASTARD! How high did the water get? The H20 may have gotten to a powered circuit in the wdws. or locks and tripped the acc. fuse...I bet the cd player is on the same circuit with the other stuff too. You don't necessarilly have to have visible wetness to have a short...try some Contact Cleaner if the fuse keeps blowing. Or WD-40 on the contacts....especially if its cold or humid.

"I'm not stuck...I just dropped my beer in my lap"

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

So when you replaced the fuse are you sure it didn't blow immeadietly? Or did you continue to look for other blown fuses? I have had multiple fuses blow before as well as when I replaced them they immeadietely blow. If it's blowing immeaditely you have a short somewhere, my guess would be the cigarete lighter, because when mine shorted, I lost my horn, dome light and stereo. You might want to start looking there.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I've had the same thing happen as MudFrog. I also had some strange things happen after a muddign trip. One time my door locks kept continually unlocking and wouldn't stop until I turned the truck off. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

7. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

That happened to me too!!! My door locks were going crazy, i was freaking out. This was when i first got my K5, and I didn't even know what mudding was.

Keep the shiny side up, and the greasy side down.