Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"0" Rate Location

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BBlazerSK5, Feb 9, 2003.

1. BBlazerSK5

BBlazerSK5 Registered Member

\"0\" Rate Location

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifHey, I just got my 4" shackle flip and zero rate, and i was wondering...With the 4" flip and zero rates what is the best pin location????should i leave it in stock position or what setting would you guys recommend for the most fender clearance without trimming.
    Also, with the 5" lift in the rear and 6"TC springs in the front, what length shocks are you guys running? I was looking in a Rancho book and they only have shocks for a 4" lift....I was hoping to run the RS9000X...if you could give me an idea of what other vehicle i could cross this with to make it work with this lift, that would be great. Thanks 4 the /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

Re: \"0\" Rate Location

for the shocks what you need to do is measure the shock mounts both compressed and extended. then you can get the best shock for the job by refrencing the extended and compressed lengths of the shocks.

-Scott

3. BBlazerSK5

BBlazerSK5 Registered Member

To compress it, should i just get a fork truck and articulate it as far as it can go? or is there a better method. Also are the shock eye sizes one general size or should i look for certain weight series vehicles?

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

as for which shocks to use (assuming that you will be using the stock mounting locations) I would highly recommend using rancho 99005's (12'' travel) for the rear. I am using these shocks with a 4'' flip and zero rate with 57'' springs and I top out one side and almost bottom out the other (1/2'' travel left) of these shocks. I know that sounds like a bad thing, but I am using the stock mounting locations and if I were to use any longer shock it would bottom out way too early due to the longer body and any shorter shock would limit droop and not take full advantage of the compression travel due to the shorter body. As for the front I would look into using the f-250 towers and a 99012 (13''), 99034 (14''), or 99036 (15'') shock (I don't know if the 99036's will fit, they are seriously long!) If you want to use stock mounting locations on the front the proper shock to use would be the 99116 and if you have factory quad shock and would like to keep them the 99112 fits in that location. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BTW I used my zero rates to move the rear axle back 1 1/2'' and it centers in the wheel well fairly good but moving the axle back might cause some driveshaft issues for you.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There's not much to add in here from me, all pretty good advice.