Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'00 dodge ram diving

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun89, Nov 18, 2006.

1. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

my dad has a '00 short box dodge ram 1500 and he just got tires, alignment, brake pads and shocks done a week ago. now his first time on the highway getting off he hit the brakes and the truck dove to the right. since he got all that done its been fine until today...its stumped me. anyone know dodges well?:confused:

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like the left side caliper isn't working...which would be odd if all that had just been done. Usually if a place does your brakes they'll test drive after to make sure it stops nice and straight though.

Rene

3. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

ya thats what im thinking, just bad timing with the caliper going bad and all the work being done i guess. ive never had to check for that before, im guessing u just take off the caliper a hit the brakes and see what it does?

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

If you do that you may overextend the caliper.

I dont know if that truck has 4 wheel disks or disk/drum. If it has rear drums, could be that one of the adjusters isnt working, and the rear brakes 'self adjusted', the right one tightened down, and the left one didnt.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

I know on mine with a 60:
    Needs the pin bushings lubed. Caliper isn't sliding, or it's bad.

BTW, The dodge brakes are crappy, IMO. I have to lube em up every time I change oil to be trouble free.