Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

01 tahoe 3rd seat in a k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75K5, Feb 18, 2002.

1. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

Finally found a set of the flip-n-fold 01 tahoe 50/50 rear seats for a good price. I have to wait until they arrive at my doorstep to see how hard it's going to be to get them to fit. I really want to find a way to keep the flip, fold, and remove features intact.

Also got a set of 01 silverado power 40-20-40 front seats. Waiting on those to arrive too, hopefully they will fit without too much welding also. I really like how the seatbelts are built into the seats, and I managed to find one with a fold down center console seat.

The sets I bought were leather, but I found some guy on ebay that sells factory cloth seat covers. I bought a set of 02 charcoal tahoe covers(for the 3rd seat), and a set of 02 chracoal silverado covers (for the front seats) that match.

The seats weren't cheap, but I shopped on ebay and the internet until I found reasonable deals. I think both sets with the cloth seat covers were under $750 total.

I'm still remodling my kitchen, so I probably won't get around to redoing my interior for another month. I bought a pair of 99 tahoe door pannels that look like they might fit with minimal custom work. If i can get those on, all I'll have left is making a newer dash fit, and making some abs plastic or fiberglass interior pieces to cover the piliars, and other areas of the interior that have exposed metal.

Has anyone else used these seats? I was originally going to use the 01 suburban 3rd seat, but once I found that the tahoe seat was neater, I went that route.

Brian

Here's the 01 Tahoe seat
    http://www.silveradooutlet.com/images/lscustclothseat.jpg

2. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

and another update

a while back we were discussing supercharged TPI's. I have an update, and some progress under way. I have in my posession an Eaton M112 from a new ford lightning and the air-water intercooler from the same truck. I took the parts over to my local machinist, discussed a plan to do it, but it's probably going to be best with a sheet metal or custom cast intake. And they are behind, so that's atleast a month or two away.

I have a digital camera, so I'll have progress pics as this thing goes.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a sweet setup...keep us informed!

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/goose>www.jmartin.net/goose</a>

4. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

where did you say you got the seats from i want some so bad also how much was shipping

"When you say i drive a fullsize are you calling my wife fat."
    J/K i was bored and made that up i don't even have a wife i'am only 17.