Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

02/17/00

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just wondering Who else registerd on that date. For those of You who don't know that date is the first day of the CK5 that We all know to day. In a way it would be like the day that Christ was born.
    Only a select few of Us know what it was like before that when there was only a single forum of CK5. Man My post count is really slacking /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i dont think i did. i think i did in 2001....
    once this post is up you can check.
    grant

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Naw Your just a friggin "Newby" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was 5 months late...but CK5 was still pretty small when I joined. IIRC there was only 1000 users then. Even then the forums were always very active. I participate on a few other forums and some of those have 3000 or more users and still aren't anywhere near as active as CK5 was when I first joined.

Rene

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Not me, I joined a while later. :P

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One of the original "longtimers" checking in here./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yup, the old board was sweet!!!! I remember how replies didn't bump the post to the top, so you had to search back until you found your post to see if you had any answers. Of course, there was a little less traffic back then. Sometimes you had to wait all day to get one reply!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Ah, the memories......certain names come to mind- michigan blazer, Boss, Eagle86K5, BB454, **b**, DangerB, Gold Rush, Moose, Goose.

Man, that was a long time ago. Some of you guys who are reading this post were only 12 years old back then!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I registered and became #82 to sign up IIRC. Either way, I'm in the 80's. Yes the board was very small back then, as was my knowledge on these K5's.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Our 2/17/00 date is when the software changed............some of us have been here since '98............. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

8 months too late...but still close /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Our 2/17/00 date is when the software changed............some of us have been here since '98............. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I joined 3/21/00 but lurked before that... I remember it being much different. What cracks me up is to see people that registered in 2002 with 4 times as many posts. Most of which the posts are something like "LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif"

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Not sure exactly... Let see what my post says.

And BlazinOR, how well do you remember Furby /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Loks like I joined up day of, thought so. I remember saying goodbye to the OLD board /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I'm user # 32 according to my profile /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yep, I've been here since WAAAAAY back when /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i was hair over a year too late :P

i didnt know the forum here was only this old, hmm,..,

i was one of the originals over at 67-72chevytrucks.com though, was top poster at 10,000 way before anyone else was even close to that post count.

was neat.
    nowadays i have nothing to do with the forum even though i love and miss 67-72 trucks

the kid that runs the forum will never understand, ever.

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

04/18/00

lurked some before that day..

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

#126 Checking in Sir /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ah, the memories......certain names come to mind- michigan blazer, Boss, Eagle86K5, BB454, **b**, DangerB, Gold Rush, Moose, Goose.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Been trying to think of a couple of the old ones My self.
    Blazer 79, Blade and the original White Knite You remember the one from Texas and You already mentioned a few. Last I remember Michigan Blazer wrecked her Blazer and I think that was the end of her. She was the original cool chick. I see Corey 88K5 about once a year The one that everyone would confuse with Me or vise versa.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Back in the day, would hit the site every so often every couple of months and check out the forums, but refused to sign up cause back in '97 and '98, I was on another forum that made the rowdier PBB look like kid's play....... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

In fact, I didn't post a whole lot back when I did sign up and my first post I ever made here is in the Audio forum.

16. Can Can

[ QUOTE ]
    #126 Checking in Sir

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH!!! Got you beat yet again, fawker!!! I'm #114, and my number would have been a lot smaller than that if I'd made it home for lunch that day....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my first post I ever made here is in the Audio forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Was that back when You were crusing the POS Honda and You needed a kickin system so You could kick it in da hood?
    /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not sure sometime in 01 I think, but I lurked a long time before I ever posted just soaking up knowledge /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    HAH!!! Got you beat yet again, fawker!!! I'm #114, and my number would have been a lot smaller than that if I'd made it home for lunch that day.......

[/ QUOTE ]
    Naw Fawker You only had Me beat cause Your on Mountain time And You have to rush home right after work to do Your honey do list. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was probably out having a cold one like real men do after work /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Can Can

[ QUOTE ]
    And You have to rush home right after work to do Your honey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.......that's pretty accurate, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif