Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

02' 5.3 vortec to a 94' nv4500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by danyosun69, Mar 1, 2010.

1. danyosun69

danyosun69 Newbie

I just picked up a 5.3 liter and ive had the nv4500 for a while but i just found out that 5.3's never came stock with a manual transmission. Has anyone ever mated these 2 together with out using the AA kit? i talked to steve and he said the kit was over a grand. Ide like to try to piece it together a little cheaper. I ws ust wondering if anyone had done this and hoe they did it. Thak yo in advanced.

2. danyosun69

danyosun69 Newbie

No one has ever done this before?

3. str8axle55

str8axle55 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You could get a 6.0L with a stick, I wouldn`t think it`d be that hard to do. The bellhsg bolt pattern is the same, as the 1st gen motors I think, maybe 1 bolt diff ,depends on what you want to run for a clutch, hydro I`d think. If you got a 6.0 stick flywheel, and ran your current set up w/a Hydro clutch?

4. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding all the bellhousings were the same across the small-block range of GM from 88-on. Like str8 said, a 6.0 bellhousing and clutch setup should bolt up.

5. danyosun69

danyosun69 Newbie

The bellhousings bolt up fine. my problem now is tht the cranks are recessed .040 of and inch compared to the Gen 1 and 2 small blocks, and this will effect the stick out on the tranny and the throw on the TOB. so im guessin gill just need taller bearings? but i was wondering if any one has done this because i was hoping to get some part number. any info would help. Thank you all in advanced