Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

02 avalanche lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by noho blazen, Nov 19, 2006.

1. noho blazen

noho blazen Registered Member

how many inch of lift i would need to clear 35-14.5 boggers

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

how much pavement use? how much offroad use? if its just pavement use, you can run a 3" BL with some insanely backspaced wheels

if it were me, since it costs nearly the same to have a functional vehicle with a solid axle swap, i would do one that netted about 6" of lift and lift the rear with a shackle flip and a zero rate, maybe a 2" BL...

8 inches... would clear them fine...

3. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Well considering the avalanche has a 5 link setup in the rear with coils shackle flips and so on would not work, unless its a 2500 version. I believe they have leaf springs. With the body cladding as all '02's did, a 6" lift you will barely fit 35x12.50 Here is a website that is all about avalanches. I was a member back when I had my '04 Z-71.
    www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com

They have forums on there with people that do just about anything to them.
    THey also have a offroading club called "Lifted Nation" The nation above the rest. They are pretty informative on there. Here is the link for the offroad forum. http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,188.0.html

Enjoy!