Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

02 silverado wheel bearings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wickedfordf9cker6, Aug 14, 2005.

1. wickedfordf9cker6

wickedfordf9cker6 Newbie

an old member i know wanted me to pop this up here to see if you guys have heard anything about this or seen this. anyways on a trip up to kentucky/ west virginia he had his driverside wheel bearings come out. the truck only has 70k miles on it though and didnt know if it was a regular mishap or if it was somethin else. oops almost forgot to tell what the truck is. it's a 2002 silverado extended cab 2wd. thanks for your time.

Kevin 16, FL

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

how did the bearing come out? it should have a unit bearing...never seen one come apart...seen them make noise...but never come apart.

ryan

3. wickedfordf9cker6

wickedfordf9cker6 Newbie

somehow the cap was missing off the back and they literally shot out of the assembly. it was interesting and horrible to see at the same time.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just had one the other day from a 1ton exspress van with 47k on it. same problem. no cap no grease and blew up. p.o.s. unitized bearings.:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. wickedfordf9cker6

wickedfordf9cker6 Newbie

sorry to ask so late but what was the main purpose for the van? was it a church van or cargo or just regular travel? reason being is his silverado is mainly a travel car type deal. never really uses it for much else and most of the miles are highway miles. thanks for your time. :D

Kevin 16, FL

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

full on work van. 1 ton chassie. and i forgot the late 90s like 97 or 98 buick i did one in . it was a old guys car 26k on it. gm isnt the only one. ford had big problems in the taurus / sable bodys with them also.