Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

03 Avalanche Tire Q

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by lifethroughdeath, Mar 27, 2004.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

my dads allways been a truck guy, allways stock but nonetheless a truck guy. and i think i finally passed the lifted truck bug on to him. its unavoidable when my 90 K5 is towering over his 03 Avalanche which he thought was big. He wants to put some bigger meats on his rig, and he wants to know whats the biggest tire that will fit in that odd-shaped wheel well? And are there any computer problems that he'll run into other than speedo recallibration? Thanks a lot.

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

He can run a 285/75R17 with minor trimming on the plastic inner fender. He can also run a 265/75R17 I believe without trimming and he that size will also be in the computer so if he can take it to get the tire size reprogrammed. The 285 size is not in the computer and the only way to get it to work properly is to use an aftermarket programmer like a Hypertech to reprogram the computer.