Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

03 blazer seats in my k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Nov 7, 2004.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I decided that my 1983 k5s 500kmile seats were due for replacement. I picked up a whole set of front and rear 03 blazer seats on ebay for 400$.
    They are leather, and drivers and pass are 8 way power, lumbar and HEATED. I spent today install and wiring them and they are the Best mod I have ever done, they are 1000x more comfy then the fixed bucket stockers. And the heat will be fantastic woth the weather now droping to freezing temps here.
    I have new carpet and some new trim coming this week and Ill post up some pictures and maybe do a write up on how to install 03 blazer seats in a k5.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'd be interested in that. I was toying around with the idea of some Bronco seats. Broncos also have the passenger seat that slides way forward to allow access to the back. Same for those seats?

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Pics we need pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I decided that my 1983 k5s 500kmile seats were due for replacement. I picked up a whole set of front and rear 03 blazer seats on ebay for 400$.
    They are leather, and drivers and pass are 8 way power, lumbar and HEATED. I spent today install and wiring them and they are the Best mod I have ever done, they are 1000x more comfy then the fixed bucket stockers. And the heat will be fantastic woth the weather now droping to freezing temps here.
    I have new carpet and some new trim coming this week and Ill post up some pictures and maybe do a write up on how to install 03 blazer seats in a k5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you would think that '03 Blazer seats would not fit in 1983 blazer.
    Thanks
    Adam

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

they were definatly not a take out the old one and bolt in the new one deal. I fabbed up some mounts with some 2x2 boxed steel and some flat stock. Im trying to hold off on pics till I get my new carpet in it looks silly with my 2 tone gray seats, red door panles and blue carpet /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif