Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

03 silverado rear end options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lunchbox, Mar 1, 2007.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

my buddys got an o3 silverado and hes goin up six inches after watching me blow my rear he wanrs to go the same route as me and go to a bigger ring gear , he doesnt want to go 14ff like me. but might wanna go 14sf i was wondering if they make 14bsf for the 99-03 fullsize trucks?:confused:

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

you could bolt one in im sure, just measure the spring perches and go find your 14 bolt semifloater, hopefully it will line up but if it doesnt grind off the old perches and weld some new ones on, same with the shock mounts. im not sure if the 14 bolt semifloaters came with 1350 u joints but napa sells a conversion joint if you need one. might want to check into gearing options at this time too.

3. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

gotcha i know the procedure i just finished the 3/4 ton swap on mine lol:wink1: . the kids dad owns a boat yard and i geuss they have some welder hotshot dude so im sure the whole spring/shock mount thing wouldnt be a problem, but i think he just might wanna go bolt in.lol