Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'05 Silverado rear seat removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by w0lf, Mar 13, 2006.

1. w0lf

w0lf Registered Member

i just took the rear seat out of '05 silverado 2500hd extended cab (so my dog has some extra room to jump around in the back) :)

but...

i now have the rear sound proofing material and studs sticking out, which the wife doesn't like.

does anyone know of a kit that i can buy that will snap in over the rear section, cover the floor studs, and preferably provide some limted storage?

thanks in advance

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Never seen anything like that.
    I just flaten out my rear seat when the dog is ridding back there...toss down his favorite blanky and he is good to go:D

3. w0lf

w0lf Registered Member

that's pretty much what i did. i've got some moving pads that i cut slits in and hung on the seatbelt hooks. i then took some pipe wrap and flattened it out 2 layers deep and put the seat bolts back on the studs which covers up the 2 bolts behind the drivers seat which were the main ones that are a problem. the only issue is that i know my puppy (8 month old weim) is going to destroy my jerry rigged contraption the third time out..

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha
    luckly my dog doesn't chew on much..he like to tear apart tennis balls :D
    he is just a little guy
    Half Yellow lab and half Chawawa :eek1:
    [​IMG]
    He is a really good boy:D

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll do it for you. Just don't be surprised if your 6.0 is looks like a 350 TBI when I am done :D

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Thats a hell of a mix really small dog/good sized dog lol btw that motor is awful pretty :bow:

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

He is a realy cool guy..doesn't bark..or chew on anything but his toys. He was suppose to be and outside and sometimes inside dog but now he sleeps on my bed hahaha my wife fell in love with him so now he gets to snuggle with her instead of me :eek1: :haha:

Ya that engine is alot of fun to drive. Going fom SBC to BBC made it like I have a totaly different truck yet the same..hehee Big Blocks RULE!:bow: