Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

08/30/04 - the day from hell?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Aug 31, 2004.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Thought you guy’s might get a “Kick” out of what my day was like yesterday…..

So here it goes…..

Monday 6:30 AM I’m heading into work and stop at the corner of Kyrene and Ray Rd waiting on the light so I can continue to head north. It should be noted at this point that I’m driving my wife’s car (2002 Nissan Ultima), something I almost never do during the work week but since I haven’t fixed the AC in the truck I thought it would be nice to have AC for the day. So there I sit, fat, dumb and happy when I hear the unmistakable sound of tires being lock up in preparation for impact. As I look into the rearview…..BAM….I’m rear ended!!!! The collision pushes me out into the intersection, narrowly missing East/West traffic. Luckily I was wearing my seat belt so I didn’t get thrown into the windshield but man my neck and chest are killing me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif When I get a chance, I lift my shirt and see the standard belt bruising from my left shoulder to my waistline. The car looks pretty bad……oh well, it will be a good opportunity to get a new one.

Turns out, a young female was applying makeup (while driving a mid 90’s Chevy pick-up) and did not see me waiting for the light. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif She was not wearing he seat belt and was taken to the hospital. It looked like her nose was broke and she had some cuts on her face. After talking to the Chandler PD I find out she has no Insurance!!!!!!! God, why do people do this!!!!! All said and done, I get to work around 9:00 AM and I know so far, the day has cost me a $1000 because we just increased out deductible in an effort to lower our overall insurance cost. On a side note, the insurance company had a rental delivered to me at work by 1:30 PM….pretty cool!

So then around 11;00AM I find out that I have been “volunteered” to conduct some inservice training at a facility in San Diego and will be “In/Out” of town for about 3 weeks during September and October……Oh joy! I really don’t mind doing this, as it is part of my job but I just completed a 6 week session out in Tacoma and was really looking forward to getting started on the blazer project not to mention the amount of time I’ve been away from my wife. My wife is a dispatched for DPS and works some pretty crazy hours so between the two of us it seems like we haven’t spent a lot of time together lately and I know it’s beginning to take its toll.

2:30 PM I get a call from my wife (Jill)…….Her father has passed way! Not that this was unexpected, he was a lifelong diabetic and didn’t take very good care of himself but it’s still her father and she’s pretty upset. So I leave work and meet her at the hospital and we begin the process of dealing with her fathers passing……..All of her family shows up and the grieving process begins……..

6:30 PM we get a call from the hospital up in Payson, her Grandmother has had a heart attack while dealing with the death of her son (Jill’s dad)…..Could this be any worse…!?!?!?!?!?
    So we leave Chandler Regional and head for Payson to go see her grandmother, leaving her mom and sister to deal with her father and the issues associated with it.

2:30 AM we get back home- Grandmother is going to be OK, we will spend today helping with arrangements for her father.

8:00 AM this morning we get a call from the insurance company - they won’t total the Nissan and it will be repaired…..damn!

So that’s it, without a doubt, the worse day I think I’ve ever had.

Andrew

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We all have those days man . I thought mine was bad , having to go home and do my fuel pump tonight . Hang in there , good people eventually get what they deserve . Good things will come of this , will just take some time . Your family has my prayers also /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sorry to hear it. Good luck on working through this.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

damn dood.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

and I thought I was havin' it tough cuz my credit cards got stolen and my bank accts are all f'd up. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I guess it could be worse./forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Marv

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Damn man, that is a bad day, will keep you in our prayers.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

sorry man... i dont know what to say... that just plain sucks /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well doesn't that put the worrying and what not about the 203 breaking into perspective. I'm really sorry for your loss and don't hesitate to ask if y'all need anything.

8. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I thought the dog getting into a gallon of herculiner was bad, what a day. Hope things get better quick, I lost a great grandfather, then a great grandma as a result from his death in one day. Things work in wierd ways, good luck.

now I am off to see if we need to take this dog to the vet /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

man that sucks, this whole year has been hell me. rolling my first k5,fired from my job the nexted day,and with in the past 3 months my grandparnets have died. im just waiting for this year to end,next year will be better.

i hope everything works out good for u and your family.

(p.s. i like imports they make good flex ramps, just look at supersizes75k5 pic under his name thats my car /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

10. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wow!! I hope that remains the worst day you've had for a long time, or better yet, forever.

Good luck getting through it all.

The "CK5 support group" is here if you need it.

Take care,
    Nick

11. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Hey guy's thanks for the kind words and support! It's been a hell of a week! The funeral was Thursday and it went very well. Still have a bunch to do but should have everything wrapped by the end of next week.

Please bear with me for the next week as I don't know how much time I'm going have to keep up on the board. I will check when ever I can.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words and support! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Andrew