Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'09 Camaro Announced - I might have to get me one of these...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, I really like the concept car. Nothing is as cool as the old school cars... but its much cooler than the standard squeezed-out-of-a-tube / computer wind-tunnel formula cars we tend to get these days. Most economy sedans these days are just NOT appealing to the eye. The windtunnel may love them, but so what?

j

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

As much as I hate to admit it - I like the new Mustang better.

I don't think I'd ever get that style Camaro. Especially with GM's stupid interior engineering. Our rental this week is a Grand Prix, what a POS. For a fairly large car there is no room inside and the rear windows/high beltline make visibility very poor.

Unless the interior of the Camaro is significantly better I wouldn't consider it no matter what it looked like.

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I like the concept. It's taking entirely too long for it to happen though. It was originally supposed to be out in '07.

What year? My dd is a 2-door '97 and I like it. It's a little finicky sometimes, but overall, it's a good car. Comfortable, decent mileage and I have enough room in it, and I'm 6'4, 200.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I didn't want to wait, so I bought one of these in '04, couldn't be happier with my decision.
    Interior is very nice. Not cheap and cheesy like alot of GM interiors are....
    And with the 6sp deep overdrive it gets 28mpg all day long..if your on the freeway....
    Of course it has the potential to get much, much worse :D
    [​IMG]

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I imagine its a 2006. 4 door, I'm 6'4" and about 240 - It doesn't feel any bigger than my wife's Nissan Sentra. (Sorry for the Hijack)

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I decided to get one of the last year Trans-Am (Firehawk) before they shut down the line. I chose the T/A over the CamaroSS cuz the interior is 10 times nicer. I hope they fix the following on the 09 versions.
    1) remove the damn hump common on the passenger floorboard.
    2) Allow the front seats to move farther back
    3) get rid of that hugh door so you dont need two parking spots to get out

In all honesty I prefer driving my Blazer around town. For highway or canyon fun....well :D

[​IMG]

May be ready for a trade-in in 09 :thinking:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Oh boy thats sexy... I like Firebirds and T/As myself. When I actually start making money(and finish at least hte S10 project) I plan to get a 98+ Firebird for a toy/DD. I just love the looks and the LS1. So by the time I am making money(probably 09) you can go ahead and sell me the Bird ;)

Personally I still don't see why they got rid of the Camaro at all... We all knew it would come back eventually. Maybe they didn't like any of the designs they had back in 02 so they just said "eh skip a few years".

And new the Mustangs. I hate them. I don't care for the way the interior feels, and the hood is HUGE. Its actually fairly difficult to see over it stock. I can't imagine guys running around with cowl hoods on the new body style ones. We have one of the new "Shelby GT 500 Cobra"s in at the shop. Don't know if its that one vehicle, but the inside lips of the wheels are all scratched and scuffed, there is a bunch of little quality crap wrong with it. It rolled into the shop with 0 miles and a bubble in one of the tires, and it just so happens the tire pressure monitor device in that tire was just spinning on the rim(not clamped tight).

9. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

10. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

nice car, ive always liked the new gtos but a lot or people seem to hate the design...you shoudlve held out for a year for the 05s for the ls2 and hood

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

12. 73k5blazer

Thanks!
    Yeah, I think GM should have just called this car something else beside a GTO, they pissed off all the die hard GTO fans. Personally though, I love the styling.
    It was bad timing too, with the new Mustang at the auto show and production pictures floating around, looking all retro. Everyone was like, hey why doesn't the GTO look retro.

LS2, yeah would have been nice. But nobody guessed it before I ordered in december '03. The strict GM statement at the time was LS2 was '05 corvette only, period. Rumors started appearing it would be GTO as well right around when I got the car, in May of '04. Oh well, there's usally *always* something better if you wait 6 months, and you can play that game forever. The LS1 is plenty decent though. The scooped hood option, I hated it, I hate non-functional Bling. I thought it looked horrible too. But, to each his own, people asked for it, so they got it.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sorry but that concept Camaro looks like crap. Still looks way to bulky and the styling looks as if some retard thought it up. Now the Challenger is a bad looking mother focker.

14. 88Silverado

They did, The Holden Morano, GM's Australia division made it. Those were pretty bad ass cars but the GTO just wasnt the same.

This one is going to be fun
    [​IMG]

General Information
    Price: $38,500
    Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
    Curb Weight: 3698 lbs
    Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
    Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
    Type: DOHC V6 (Dual Turbo)
    Displacement: 3600 cc
    Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 5200 rpm
    Torque: 465 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
    Redline: 6500 rpm

Performance
    0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
    0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
    Quarter Mile: 12.8 sec @ 112.5 mph
    Skidpad: .96g
    Top Speed: 179 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 115 ft
    Slalom Speed: 66.4 mph

Production of the 2007 Pontiac GNX will begin in September 2006 at Holden's award-winning Elizabeth plant in Australia.

If GM would just import the cars they market down under they would sell better than a $5 crack whore:pimp:

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That has been an internet rumor for a couple years now.

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone else see a resemblance to "Lightning McQueen" (The movie Cars...):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]\

That "GNX" looks a lot like a Cavalier, so no matter how fast it is I'm still gonna hate it which is a shame. When is GM gonna wake up regarding their styling??

I do like the new Challenger and the new Mustang though...both of those cars are nicely done IMO. GM has an opportunity to blow both of those away, but don't have the designer talent anymore.

Rene

17. 73k5blazer

Yep. Someone photochoped a GTO into that Buick and tried to put an official looking stats underneath it.

18. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Probably not before they're talked about in the same sentence as Packard, Studebaker, and the other car companies that couldn't/wouldn't keep up with a changing market.

Just like their refusal to throw a SFA under the 2500/3500 pickups - they can easily see the popularity (and more importantly to them, the sales numbers) of the Ford & Dodge 3/4 & 1-ton SFA'd trucks, yet they continue to insist there's no demand for a SFA under theirs. I'm just-about-convinced that the GM management will be standing around going "WTF happened here?" when the jackals are picking over the corpse that was once General Motors...

Oh, as far as the '09 Camaro goes - I'll believe it when I see 'em on a showroom floor.

19. 73k5blazer

Yeah, lots of rumors here in the motor city on both Ford or GM are ripe for going down. Both in financial dire straights, both producing mediokre at best vehicles, both trying to "turn around". Only 1, as soon as 1 falls, the other will get a free ride.
    I hope it doesn't happen, the rumors are more from financial analysts, but that would be devesating to Michigans economy in the short and long terms, and probably the economy as a whole at least in the short term.

So you heard the new gmt900 pickups coming out in the fall have no manual transmission available, right?

20. 88Silverado

What....you mean this isnt real :eek1:
    I found it on the web so it has to be true :haha: :haha: :haha: