Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1:10 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazingblazer, Jun 11, 2003.

1. blazingblazer

blazingblazer Registered Member

Here are some cool little trucks that I found on the net.
    [image]http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img261_03092002222812_1.jpg[/image]

Its a remote control truck made by tamiya. That truck is not mine although I wish it was. Those trucks run $500

2. blazingblazer

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats actually a really old kit. I'd never seen the blazer body before, but you can see the frame and solid axles under it. It looks like another version of the chassis they used in the Toyota Hi-lux kit they made in the early 80's. Those are wicked cool. They are total scaled down versions of real trucks complete with 3 speed trans, transfer case and solid axles on leaf springs. I still would like to get my hands on one.

5. blazingblazer

I have a Tamiya bruiser. It is the more beafed up version of the toyota hilux. A company is making scale tires for the trucks that look like boggers, they are coming out soon. Here are some pics of my truck.
    Tamiya Bruiser

The trucks are wicked and down to the dot in realism.

You can get one on ebay. thats where I got mine. I can pull myself in a wagon on mine.

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I have the toyota they are bad ass I got lucky and got mine brand new a couple of years ago off a shop that a local guy was selling he forgot he had it I got it for 300$. here are the tires that look like boggers they are swamp dogs.
    [​IMG]

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have a t-max, a couple of rs4 and touring cars and a few pan cars, all 3 years old, I would kill to get that blazer body, is there any hope for me? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. ZooMad75

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a Tamiya bruiser. It is the more beafed up version of the toyota hilux. A company is making scale tires for the trucks that look like boggers, they are coming out soon. Here are some pics of my truck.
    Tamiya Bruiser

The trucks are wicked and down to the dot in realism.

You can get one on ebay. thats where I got mine. I can pull myself in a wagon on mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was "beefed" up on the Bruiser vs the high-lux? Those rigs all look pleanty beefy to start with. I've got to start looking on Ebay to keep an Eye out. I've got a few old 1:10 scale r/c's although it sickens me to call them Vintage now. These were my childhood toys for crying out loud! 3 are old Tamyia kits, Baja Brat (Frog Variation), Monster Beetle and Super Blackfoot. In addtion to that I got a Mauri Galaxy buggy, Parma California sport truck (actually a pro street 55 Nomad) and a Bolink Eliminator 10 stock car. Thank goodness I grabbed them all before my mom decided to pitch them or sell them at a garage sale.

9. blazingblazer

YOu can get Blazing blazer bodies but they cost alot of money. They can run $250 for a new one.

The beaf on the brusier was it was larges, had shocks, and had a larger motor. I think a 780 size and the hilux and blazingblazer had 540's.

I've had quite a few rc's, for now I only have a bruiser, traxxas 4x4 stampede, tube frame 4x4 stampede, Tamiya Pajero, and a Team Losi XXXT Matt Francis Edition. When your not out on the trail these things are fun to mess around with.

I used to have a tmaxx but it gave me crap all the time so I sold it. It was when they first came out though.

After I get my blazer I'm hoping to get a Blazing Blazer.

10. blazingblazer

Zoomad - what condition is the brat in?

11. ZooMad75

The Brat is in good shape, chassis wise. I picked it up for 50 bucks years ago at a swap meet with the original Futaba radio. I used it as a foundation to build a 1:10 scale replica of my Dad's 57 Chevy. I did not cut the frame but fabbed up some custom mounts for the Parma '57 body. The Old Brat body was cracked in a few places.

I did have to replace the frame after an untimely radio incident and a wall broke the front end off of it. However at that time, I could still get parts for the Frog and got a frame from a local hobby shop. After replacing the frame it was just as good as new. I even got 2 old style hard case plastic 7.2 volt batteries with it.

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

When I was into RC cars a couple of years ago, the local hobby shop had clear Lexan K5 bodies for 50 clams each, I wish I had bought one, but I sold my electric Blackfoot last year, now I want to build a RC tube buggy rockcrawler! [​IMG]

13. ZooMad75

So somebody did make a Lexan k5 body....The search begins. I cracked the 57 chevy truck body I have on my super blackfoot the last time I had it out.

14. blazingblazer

If anyone makes a blazer body its probaly Parma. www.parmapse.com I think they make one. You can also go to Toys'R'Us and look for blazer bodies or radio shack and sometimes you can get manuals and order the bodies from the cheap-o- manufactures.

Brats that are in good condition can be worth some money. I've seen them go for $320 in good condition.

I used to have a custom tube frame clod crawler based on an Avananche frame. Heres a pic of it... Clod Crawler
    Here are some of the others I've had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (One of my freinds trucks below) [​IMG]

15. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Yeah my friend has a few of those.

But I have one of these....

I have a 2002 suburban body on myne. I'm in the middle of building a aluminium frame for it. I got it built and took it outside the first chance I got (about 2 a.m.) I decided not to take it out front because I didnt want to run it under a car well taken it out back proved to be very stupid (I forgot there was a hole in the ground that usaully holds 26,000 gallons of swimming pool water) I sat it down in the grass turned it on and off it went. It had enough time to reach top speed of about 60 mph and it disappered and out of the hole came a large crash. STUPID!!! about $500 worth of it!

16. blazingblazer

You have a clod? It goes 60mph? You must be running some WICKED motors to get a clod to 60mph. That might be a record.

17. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow they are just like the real thing!!?? holy crap thats cool..i want one!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. ZooMad75

Parma Does currently make a Blazer body, but it is the 92 up style. Check it out:

[​IMG]

But they do have a Step side at least:
    [​IMG]

And this looks close, but is listed as a generic truck but looks like a K5 without a roof.

[​IMG]

Parma also makes a Lexan version of the Clod buster 86 fleetside body too, but they did not have a pic of it.

19. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I thought that was a little go-cart !!!
    Thinking 500 for a K5 Blazer go-cart that's not bad at all!!
    KIDS ---- DON'T DO DRUGS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Shane-

20. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'd like to know what running gear you've got on that 60mph Clod...

I've got the old Trinity "Matched Madness" motors (16 or 17T single-wind; I think they were the first modified motors available for the Clod) wired parallel, 7-cell pack, Novak 610-RV ESC. I'd be highly surprised if this combo came close to 30mph .