Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 TON AXLES

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by promudder, Sep 26, 2002.

1. promudder

promudder 1/2 ton status

NEVER RAN 1/2 TONS BEFORE WHICH AXLES ARE THE STRONGEST= D44,CORP 10 BOLT, CORP 12 BOLT, WHICH YEARS TO LOOK FOR OR WHAT TO GET THEM OUT OF? WANNA RUN 38.5 BOGGERS AND MY ONE TONS ARE TOO HEAVY! SORRY GUYS NOT GONNA SELL THE ONE TONS THEY ARE GOING TO A DIFFERENT TRUCK.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Why not go with 3/4tons...D44/14BFF
    But if your going to go with 1/2ton, IMO, I'd go with D44/Corp12B

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yep, stay away from the 10 bolts. That being said, 38s are too much tire for any of the 1/2 ton axles. I had mine beefed about as much as possible ad still broke everything up to and including ring gears. </font color>

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    WANNA RUN 38.5 BOGGERS AND MY ONE TONS ARE TOO HEAVY!

[/ QUOTE ]

You think the axles are heavy......? What do you think those tires and wheels weigh!!!???

Good idea holding onto the 1-Ton stuff....you'll want it back under your truck before very long! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a healthy 12 bolt I would sell to you. Warn Full Floater Kit and 30 spline lock outs, Detroit Locker and 4.56 gears with install kit. I will take the low price of $1065 for the whole setup. For that price, I will include the TSM Disk Brakes for free. Heres the breakdown:

Used Detroit Locker - checked out by Inland Truck Parts in KC - $425

Used Warn Full Floater kit - $450 with housing which is trimmed for this kit. 1/2" studs and lug nuts.

Brand New Genuine Gear 4.56 gears with install kit $190

TSM Disk Brakes - Free including E-Brake calipers and rotors. Machined for the Warn Full Floater kit.

I also have a Dana44 housing with 4.56 gears installed with correct pinion preload and open carrier. $200 no axles, knuckles or outers.

I will have a set of 5 - AR 767 rims in Black Powdercoat in perfect shape. $175

I am located in Central Missouri - PM or email me if you want all or part of this combo. I also have Dana44 Crossover Steering setup. I bought a 1 ton so I am going that route. I could even meet you halfway between KC and Columbia.

npickett@toast.net

6. promudder

promudder 1/2 ton status

I HAVE A 12 BOLT REAR WITH 3.08 GEARS WHAT KIND OF BEEFY AXLES ARE THERE? GONNA PUT 5.13 AND A SPOOL. THIS THING ONLY SEES STRAIGHT LINE MUDRACING.FIGURE THE WEAK LINK IS GONNA BE THE AXLESHAFTS. IN THE FRONT I HAVE A D44, I ALWAYS BREAK THE SPIDER GEARS AND AXLESHAFTS. ANY UPGRADES KNOWN FOR THESE EITHER?

7. Mikeyg79

Mikeyg79 Registered Member

One ton parts too heavy? I'm looking for some for my HD3/4 ton and I probably won't get tires bigger than 33" for a couple of years.
    As for Dana 44 spider gears- replace em with a locker.
    (Also, please turn off your caps lock- it's not polite to yell.)

MikeyG79

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If CMC isnt interested in the D44 with 4.56's , how much for that and the crossover? Do you have everything for the crossover? Any idea how far you are from Springfield, IL?