Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 ton E-Brake to 14bff question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rotten03, Apr 19, 2004.

1. rotten03

rotten03 Registered Member

I'm still trying to swap my 14bff into my 89 1/2 ton sub and I'm stuck on what to do with my e-brake. The 14bff is from a '79 chevy and the point where the e-brake goes into the drum is different. I tried to order 79 e-brake cables but apparently both sides are equal length on a '79 and my sub's cables are 2 different lengths. How can I make this work. My first thought was to cut them off but it's my daily driver and I'm gonna need em. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I had just removed all the e-brake hardware on mine, i was planning on swapping to disks later anyways. Cables are still hangin back to the adjuster, but from there back all was removed, including stuff inside the drum area.

May not be much help for ya, but there are different components needed for the e-brake setup to be used, i'm thinkin new backing plates from a newer 14b.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A 79 and an 89 e brake set ups are like night and day. Your best bet is to fabricate your own out of anything you can find. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif On a 79 the e-brake line traced the frame and made a u near the t-case and on yours, the e-brake runs down the driver side frame rail. Good luck, I am converting my 79 e-brake to a newer here in the coming weeks once I get a little more time of of work.

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Check out this thread -- there are a couple of ideas.

Click Here