Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 ton of bricks in the Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anatomiczero, Sep 28, 2002.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

We just got back from Home Depot, I weighed one brick at 25 lbs, so 1,000 pounds of brick in the back and I passed my dad on the freeway doing 75 (he drove his XL-7) What's the heaviest load you've put in your K5?

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

On the inside not that much...like 8 people with the top off...probably close to a half ton. Pulled a 21foot trailer full of dirt which weighed about 7500-8000 lbs /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Not a safe thing to do without trailer brakes. I had to stop once hard and even using engine braking from my manual tranny and braking by foot my brakes were smoking noticably. I wouldnt have even attempted to pull anything near to that weight had I not had a manual tranny. On a side not afterwards I ended up having to replace the calipers on both sides because they started sticking...

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What's the heaviest load you've put in your K5?

[/ QUOTE ]
    My fat a**!!!!

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i know a guy who had an 87' k5 that used to get fire wood all the time pulling a trailer. one nite he left the load hooked up and came out the next morning and the front of the traliler was on the ground and his rear springs where shot. cant remember if he got them re-arched or he bought a new set. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

close to a 1000 pounds of junk when i moved cross country.shoulda left most of it behind but you'll never know when you need that pointed bent thingy that you've been savin for a couple of years /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

about sixteen people. lol. had a party and cops came and they all decided to come with me to run. lol. it sucked takin em all home. damn freshman. wasted like half a tank. pissed me off. lol. had no radio. bunch of drunk minors singing friends in low places. i wasn't drunk but everyone else was. i swear i don't like that song cuss of that nite. lol. later.

jacob

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I used to regularly load a 1/2 yard tub of premixed mortar into the back of my old 77 Blazer...

In my 81 Jimmy I loaded a 14 bolt FF, a D44 8 lug front, a SM465 and a NP205 plus both shafts...close to 1400 lbs total./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Rene

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

BigJBear had a good part of a VW beetle in the back of his and filled to the roof with other trash a couple weeks ago. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had a complete VW motor,front end,and a tranny in the back of my K5. The ass end had some sag,but that was the most!