Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 ton u-bolts to use with 1" zero rate

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by rogerwilco71, Jan 8, 2003.

1. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

1/2 ton u-bolts to use with 1\" zero rate

Have a flip-kit and 1" zero-rates and need some u-bolts. I think stock are too short and my current u-bolts accomodate 4" block and add-a-leaf. I'm an hour and a half (mountains) from the nearest place for custom u-bolts in Fresno. Just need that 1-2" over stock u-bolt or a source for the same application. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    1986 K5 1/2 t
    Thanks
    -Matt

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: 1/2 ton u-bolts to use with 1\" zero rate

<font color="green"> Measure how thick your spring pack is and let me know, I might have some that will fit. They were on with no blocks, but the springs were 6" superlifts with the overload, so they were a bit thicker than a stock spring. </font color>

3. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Spring pack w/ 1" zero is about 3.5" and the axle is 3-3.5". From what I measured, it seems like an 8" u-bolt would work out (inner part of curve to top thread). Do you take gold doubloons, I feel paper money is so crass /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

please do not re-use u-bolts /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif contact stephen at ord he will custom make them for you and ship them to your door /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif