Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 ton Upper Control Arm Bushing

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by thezentree, Apr 29, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, so my truck has been making this weird clicking sound when it hits bumps, and it's been progressively getting worse. So tonight I pulled the wheel off and messed with the suspension a little, and I think it's the rear upper control arm bushing. I can see where the bushing isn't flush with UCA bracket on the frame, there's a ~2mm gap there, and I can see the bolt is shiny, like it just recently happened. Anyway, two questions: Does this sound like a cause for that click? And how difficult is it to replace those bushings? Haynes said that they're either welded on or pressed on, and mine look to be pressed on, so I think that's the only part of this I'll have a problem with. Anyway, helpful hints would be appreciated.

TheZen(wishes he had SFA conversion)Tree

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

What type of click? The last click i had from my front end was a loose shock mounting bolt that was letting the shock move a little. Just a suggestion. If you tug on stuff or listen while someone moves the suspension you should be able to find exactly what it is.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sounds like something's lose and slapping against something else. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and replace that bushing, and while I'm down there, I'll hit everything with a wrench, and make sure it's good and tight.

Freakin IFS.....*grumble grumble*