Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/2 way to a 1/2 ton

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Sep 3, 2001.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

WELL, started working on the blazer today, the plan was to replace the door weatherstrip, drill the holes for the mirrors in the new doors, put the fenders and radiator support back on, and put the glass back in the doors. SUPRISE!
    the guy I bought the truck from came up with an idea to swap my 3/4 ton axles with his 1/2 ton ones. Fine by me, the truck wont be used for pulling anything and it isn't for off road, so what's the difference to me (other than now there is $$$ in my pocket). so the guys get to work, it was actually easier than I had pictured it. Didn't realize it wasn't a complex swap. BUT, night grew quickly on them, and the 5 year old starts kindergarten tomorrow, so we only got the fronts done. Hopefully this weekend the rear's can be done, then maybe just maybe I'll get all the new metal on the truck.. I really am starting to think snow may fly before I get this thing on the road!!! Anyone planning a trip to vermont next weekend, feel free to drop me a line, I'm sure I can come up with some "extra" wrenches !

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

hehehehehe doing the same thing and the snow flies here in new york same time as you. Only diffrence I started in may and it's september already