Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/4 eliptic setup and 4inch rear shackle flip.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by k10clown, Dec 2, 2004.

1. k10clown

k10clown Registered Member

Will the 4 inch rear shackle flip kit work with a 1/4 eliptic setup? Would this get a good setup for more travel from the rear? Hopefully this is not a stupid question.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

From what i know about 1/4 eliptical setups. (Which is not very much) you don't even use the rear spring mount since there is no spring there.
    I am sure someone with a little more knowledge will chime in

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you mean 3/4 elliptical and it will not. The rear spring eye mounts to a shackle which mounts to another 1/2 of a leaf spring. Ask in the garage about this setup. Only on person I know on this page has it, he finds it alright but will be replacing it. The setup has its issues in a fullsize.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You could use the flip with a 3/4 ellip but it would likely have to be moved on the frame to work. In general, 3/4 ellip causes problems on a fullsize because of the axle wrap tendencies and the uncontrolled droop can be a problem on a rig with a higher CG. These issues can be addressed but lowering the CG is tough without a LOT of work and typically loss of full size truck function.