Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1/4 Elliptical

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by durantk5, Nov 2, 2005.

1. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

my buddy has a 1972 International Harvester scout II. we are getting ready to attempt to build something similar to this 1/4 elliptic system. http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_list.asp?pkID=24 (go to 4 link kits and 1/4 elliptic) we are going to be using some of my old 2 1/2 inch lift springs off of the front of my k5 and cutting them to size. just wondering since they are not going to have near the amount of arch as the ones at DandC would it be ok for us to turn the mount connecting the spring to the frame down to create more lift in the rear? i just dont know if it will have a negative effect on the suspension or anything else. thanks.
    Nick

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I would be more concerned with using such a short spring for it. That can cause a lot of bind if the links get much longer than the spring, or if they are similar in length it can cause heavy antisquat, heavy rear steer.

3. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

do they need to be longer than the links and if so should we try to shorten the links a little and cut the springs as long as we can? thanks again.