Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1.6 ratio rocker arms?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by dubl_t, Jul 27, 2002.

1. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Right now my Bourbon has a Targetmaster 350 ( sorry, that's all I know). Everything's pretty tight mechanically, but I was thinking about installing the 1.6 rocker arms for added lift. Will piston clearance be an issue? Any other ideas?

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Should not be, target master's are built stock, and the stroke is Derated, so there is plenty of room. better off just swapping cam though, Why polish a turd? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif then youd get mo-bottom end, and more power the right way.

3. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Yea, I understand what you mean about the "turd" thing, but that's pretty much what I started with anyways LOL (NOTHING worked when I brought it home). The engine has 155# pressure in each cylinder, so I don't want to tear into it yet (it's also my daily drvr) Besides, the rocker arms are something I can do right now, and hopefully see performance gains /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

i think youd be ok, better do some checkin first though, like engine #'s v/s specs.

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

shouldnt be a problem,we put those on our race engines all the time with large camshafts and domed pistons.....so yours should be no problem

6. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Yea but am I gonna "feel" a difference between the two lifter ratios? Or is it one of those mods that doesn't really make a difference, you just remeber spending the money /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

couldnt tell ya man, i havent ever put them on a stock engine,its noticable on a race motor.it depends on a lot of things.but theres only one way to find out