Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1" body lift/ body mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by suntadz, Feb 14, 2007.

1. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

I was wondering how difficult replacing all my body mounts and doing a 1" body lift would be on a stepside. Wasnt sure if the bed is raised with a body lift and if it would work on a stepside. Ive seen some cracked bushings under there and was thinking of atleast doing the mounts in urethane but was debating whether or not to do the body lift. anyone got any feedback?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

imo, if you need to do bushings, it's foolish not to do a 1".. the 1" kits come with bolts, so for that alone it's good.. But i really like a 1" bl, minor shroud issue, but generally no other mods are needed... clears some space at, fuel tank, dizzy, etc...

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

I just did it to my K5. Hardest part was getting the old, rusty stuff off. No adverse affects (fan shroud, fuel filler, shift linkages). Ended up with about 2", since the bushings were shot. It even got rid of some of my vibrations:dunno: . Now I'm going to 38x15.50 Radial TSLs.:D

5. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I did new bushings and 1" blocks on my 89 Burb and I got more like 1.5" cause the rubber bushings suck and had worn out. I agree that the lift kit is worth it for the bolts alone.

I did have fan shroud issues at the bottom, but it was nothing that a little creative trimming didn't cure. I left my bumpers down and the front valance fills in great, but the rear rubber piece is a little tweaked. I am going to get a new one and then adjust it to make it look better.

JUST DO IT!!!