Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1" body lift, new body mounts?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ntaj*ep, Nov 1, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

1\" body lift, new body mounts?

My body mounts are trash after 30+ years of use/abuse. So I was thinking of new poly or rubber mounts and maybe some 1" ORD alum. spacers. After all the bad things I've always said about body lifts, I can't belive I'm even concidering this. But I figure 1" is the max I will do! What do you all think, rubber or poly mounts? Do any of you run the 1" spacers?

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Re: 1\" body lift, new body mounts?

I would do it if I was you, your pulling that apart anyway might as well kill two birds with one stone, you could just make it worse by adding the lift w/o replaceing them I'd think

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

If I did do it, which I'm not sure of yet. I will, otherwise the rubber would be non exsistant and I wouldn't get any lift out of it! I plan on doing that and some other things at the same time so not a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I recently did a 2 inch body lift and replaced the mounts with all poly mounts. They look cool, but thats all I can notice compared to rubber. Hey, they are also red. Maybe I gained some horsepower.

Evan

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am using EnergySupension's Poly mounts. The black ones are said to be impregnegted(sp?) with graphite to prevent 'poly squeek'. I have 0 issues. I installed them way back in 94 and they are still the same, well a little faded now. If you do go Poly just remember not to over tighten or squeeze the mounts too tight, they need to flex and if they are too tight they won't flex. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif