Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1' body lift or ZERO rates

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Sep 28, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

1\' body lift or ZERO rates

wich would be better to use body lift of zero rates? please explain pros and cons of both. i currently have 4 inch lift with shackle flip in the rear.

another question is will the body lift move my dual tanks up as well. also does anyone have any pics of new skidpads for dual tanks just trying to get some ideas.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: 1\' body lift or ZERO rates

Body lift.

No, a body lift will not lift your gas tanks.

Take those skid plates off, they will hold dirt and cause your tanks to rust.

Zero rates are a bandaid for someone that screws up when they do suspension (I have them myself). The body lift will give you a chance to change your body mounts and give you additional tire clearance.

I question why you need it though, 1" isn't really all that significant.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Body lifts are nice for undecarriage work at times, getting to topside underbody bolts and such

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I say body lift would be the way to go. Zero rates are good for sagging rears, tie rod clearance, and moving your axles fore or aft. A body lift can come in handy down the road if you ever decide on a doubler or clocking your transfer case. Also it is a good time to replace those old body mounts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero rates are a bandaid for someone that screws up when they do suspension

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say this. How many comapny's make a 5" or 7" spring? Sometimes people jump up a tire size and need that little clearance. Some people want that amount of lift. I have zero rates and I like them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I hate body lifts too, but the clearance could be needed for things such as clocking the T-case up. Also nice for clearance around those bellhousing bolts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Zero rates are a bandaid for someone that screws up when they do suspension

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say this. How many comapny's make a 5" or 7" spring? Sometimes people jump up a tire size and need that little clearance. Some people want that amount of lift. I have zero rates and I like them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I hate body lifts too, but the clearance could be needed for things such as clocking the T-case up. Also nice for clearance around those bellhousing bolts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't even like the idea of zero rates in the front.

If this rig was my DD I wouldn't run them, and when the springs get swapped, they're for sale.

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    If this rig was my DD I wouldn't run them

[/ QUOTE ]

, but I am asking why? I see it as an AAL correct? Thats like saying I wont run a spring that has 11 leaves, but 10 is ok /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They are safe to run and have been proven. I understand they are used later to gain suspension height that wasn't planned for, but again 5" or 7" springs aren't made that I've seen, and sometimes those heights are wanted. I like the idea of around 6", but would rather have 4" springs+ 1" BL + 0-rate because of the flexyness than a 6" spring /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif Either way I like the zero rates some don't. Most people don't like body lifts either, but the 1" has it's advantages too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I say run them both. Zero Rates bolt to the springs so they are safe too use in the front. Standard lift blocks don't bolt to the springs and are not safe for the front, and personally, I don't like them in the rear either. I personally would feel fine about the Zero Rates on both ends. Add a 1" body lift and new poly mounts will give you alittle more room too get your hands in when you're under the truck turning wrenches.

9. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Run them both. I have a 4 inch spring in the front, a ORD shackle flip in the rear, an ORD 1" body lift, and both my axles moved 1.5" outward from ORD 0 rates. And I like the way it looks. I was going to do all but the body lift until I decided to clock my t-case (it helps alot) And the idea of the zero rates is perfect. Why not get an extra inch of suspension lift that is just as safe as a add a leaf but doesnt stiffen the ride or reduce flex and it allows you to adjust where in your fenderwells your tires fit. I say run them both /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

Does anybody have a link to "zero rates". I've never heard of them before. From reading hear I can understand what they are for, just would like to see one.

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

12. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

next question, where you guys getting the cool pics in your sig. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I have been looking at a 1" body lift, but these seem easy to install. My blazer is stock with 31" tires, will I have any problems with any steering parts or mods that would have to be done if I install these?

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

A zero rate is not a leaf in my opinion. It's just a block that happens to bolt to the spring. It's the cool, new, "front lift blocks."

Honestly I can't wait until mine are no longer under my truck. I wonder what I was thinking when I put them in.