Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1" body lift

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 13, 2001.

1\" body lift

This applies to a 69 K20 but I figure this section will give the best response. I am going to replace my body mounts and thought I would go ahead and do a 1" ORD body lift at the same time. I can't really think of any reason not to do that small amount of body lift.

Other than the front bumper being slightly affected, are there any other concerns on the 67-72's. I'm not worried about the bed cause I am going to install a flatbed in the near future.

I also wonder if I will have a problem with the linkage on my three speed manual on the column. Not too big of a concern cause I have a 4 speed SM465 to install soon. But if I am going to have problems with the three speed with the body lift I will probably not do the body lift until I replace the tranny.

Any thoughts, pros or cons?

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Re: 1\" body lift

i did a 2" body lift on mine. i did have to trim the bottom part of the fan shroud, i have had NO heating problems in 110+ weather.
    also you may have to extend the tranny linkage, not sure how it's adjusted in the manual but in my auto i did have to make a small adjustment. if i would of gone an 1" i don't think i would have noticed it.
    i was going to go with a 1" but i needed the 2" for on-board air and a 31 gallon conversion that i put in. the extra 2" makes a hell of a difference, especially when working under your truck. i can stick my hand anywhere with no problems :-)

anymore questions let me know.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

". i can stick my hand anywhere with no problems :-) "

ok that just sounds dirty! [​IMG]

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Look in the Blazers for sale page!! my 72 needs to go!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. Re: 1\" body lift

Would it be likely that I would need to get longer shocks with just a 1" body lift?

I've got Tuff Country SX8000's for my 4" lift now. I might add ORD's 1" zero lift at the same time, so I would guess that would definitely mean new shocks, but if I just do the 1" body lift, I was thinking I could probably get buy with my current shocks.

1969 C20 4x4

4. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

All the body lift does is lift the body, The suspention remains compleatly unchanged. And you will not have to change shocks.[​IMG]

I am the hunter Who live's in the darkness, And grows through your fears...... And you are the hunted.

5. Re: 1\" body lift

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like I need to get the parts ordered and get busy. If I do the 1" zero lift in front I will just take a chance that that small amount of lift doesn't make it where I need to change the front shocks. Cycling the suspension will be the judge of that.

The rear is a little low as the truck is now so I might get new springs in the rear, (one of the rear springs has a broken leaf anyway) to level it out. A 2" spring would probably get it level and a 4" spring would probably give the truck a nice stance with the 1" body lift and the 1" zero lift added to the present 4" front springs.

1969 C20 4x4

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Chaz, remember were you're at. you're not on the <font color=red>other site</font color=red> [​IMG], hey thanks for the top, cant wait to take her topless [​IMG]

ARQ

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer