Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 piece rotor/hub or two piece???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kau, Jul 20, 2002.

1. kau

kau Registered Member

I got a hub to hub D44 I am rebuilding.

I went to Autozone and got rotors for 30 dollars each.

However, not thinking they did not include hubs (this is my first axle project)

So I go back down and inner hubs are 70 dollars.

Or I can get rotors w/ hubs for 170 each.

So what is the difference? How come I can get the rotor/hub seperate for 100 each compared to the 170 for them together?

Also I bought Milemarker locking hubs so will they fit the two piece?

Thanks!!

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Why do you need new hubs? You should just be able to press out the old wheel studs and swap the rotor and then reinstall the wheel studs...I don't see why a new hub is needed unless your is cracked...If the bearings and seal are shot, just replace those...if the hub body is solid, no need in spending the $$$ to replace it...

Chris

3. kau

kau Registered Member

I don't have inner hubs as my D44 I got was knuckle to knuckle, it was free so I have to buy all new outers.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Do you have the spindles on the axle? If not I have the spindles, hubs, and locking hubs for the 1st design D44... $100 plus shipping for all of it...That'll get you rolling...oh, but it is 8-lug (3/4 ton D44) Let me know...Other wise I would get the combo (hub/rotor) and save some $$$

Chris