Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 Ton 14FF Hard Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Aug 10, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Okay so my 14FF had the goofy load sensing brake setup in the rear. The hard lines seem way too long but I cant seem to get one of the lines out of the wheel cylinder. I dont want to round it off anymore so yall got any ideas?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i hit mine with pb blaster (that stuff rocks) and used channel locks on it worked like a charm, just squeeze real hard, plus mine were brand new so it helped, i diddent round them off at all

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

pb blaster and there are also some tubing wrenchs that are made for brake and fuel line.

found this pic on ebay
    [​IMG]

4. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

Yep those wrenches work a charm when working on lines. You can get a cheap set of them just about anywhere

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Dont waste your cash on cheap ones--I bought a tiwan set of flare wrenches,they suck--they spring open and strip the fittings every time.I'd go with craftsman if your on a budget,or snap-on if your wallet is full.Cheap tools arent alays th bargain they appear to be--my cheapness cost me another half hour cutting the lines and re-flaring them!. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif