Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 Ton Axles for sale

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by wayne, May 24, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

If anybody need a set of ton axles let me know. I might even put mine up for sale. BTW I know this is not the for sale board but I just thought the east coast guys would like a heads up.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

whaddya got?

3. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

what do u have (gears and stuff) and how much would those be?

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I'm not Wayne, but I'm pretty sure he has D60s and 14 bolts military ones with 4.56s. I also wanted to say these are great axles. I have one of the front 60s under my truck and one of my friends has one of the 14 bolts. They are very nice axles and well worth the money.

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

D60 open with 4:56's and 14ff with Detroit for $1500. My personal axles are a D60 with a Trac Lok, 4:56's, 14ff Detroit, 4:56's. Complete minus U bolts and I also have the 3/4 ton plates for the rear, and the rear is set up for a K5. Shock mounts and spring pads already relocated. $1600.00 Must pick up. I have no way to ship them at this time.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Also members here that I have sold axles to:

Dawson444
    Yunit
    Derf00 (3 sets)
    General
    Yield2me
    Josh (can't remember his user name)
    TorkSdr
    Plus a few others.

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

The axles are so so /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, I hated the fact that the gears looked like new /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and that I had to paint them /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, but besides that they were great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I purchased three sets of these axles from Wayne. If you are looking for a set of quality axles that you won't require rebuilding once you get them, talk to Wayne.

As Yunit also stated, the gears looked unused. On the set I personally kept, I replaced the calipers(personal choice) and turned the rotors on the 60, on the 14B I pulled the drums to have them turned, but instead found a brand new set of brake shoes, and drums that had been turned when the shoes were installed. Aside from gear lube, and my labor to clean and paint, I invested around $100.00 over the purchase price to bolt the axles in place, and that was almost two years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. tj_k5

tj_k5 Registered Member

I guess this is a good place to lay down my first post on this site. I'd be interested in a set of these axles depending on how easy they would be to bolt up to my '91 K5. I actually sent you a PM before even reading this post about your personal axels. From just reading around the site it's my understanding they pretty much bolt right up. I'm not afraid of doing a little fabrication if I had to though. I already have an '89 F-150 with a '79 F-150 running gear (NP205, D44. Ford 9", ect.) rolling on 44's. Just trying to avoid all the extra work I can. My first order of business with my K5 is to go with the 1 tons with more lift to fit my 38's. Then I'm hoping to stuff a TH400/NP205 combo to go bulletproof. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have done this on the site but can anybody tell me how much is actually involved? Thanks guys.

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It is a very easy swap. The front will be a bolt in deal and the rear if using a 1 ton axle will require the spring pads and shock mounts moved. A conversion u joint on the 14ff to run your stock driveshaft. Napa part #447. Otherwise everything just bolts in including the brakes if you are running 10 bolts. The Dana 44 used a different line end on the caliper then a 10 bolt or D60.

11. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

how much for just a d60 front?

12. tj_k5

tj_k5 Registered Member

Well, I just picked my set up yesterday and I'm very impressed with these things. We pulled the cover off them and these gears really do look new. Well worth the money!! Also, Waynes freind said he had plenty of these around so I would definatly recommend getting in touch with Wayne to talk to this guy. Can't wait to get these bad boys in!