Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton axles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, Feb 4, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

This is the first time I have tried this program, so bear with me if it doesn't work right. I should start by telliing you my situation. I have a 86 K5 with the stock 10 bolt axles. I have 35x12.5x15 tires and 15x10 rims. I want to upgrade to 4.10 gears. after recently breaking the rear 10 bolt (spider gears in the diff) I want to upgrade to something beefier. can I get a 15"wheel to fit on a 14 bolt rear and on a dana 60 front??? I am asking this because I don't want to get new tires in the 16 or 16.5 size (for reasons of price) do they even make 15"rims with an 8 lug pattern?? any help will be appreciated. Am I better off just getting a 12 bolt and dana 44? thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yes, they do make 15" rims for 14 bolts. they fit fine on the rear, but you have to grind the calipers on the front 60 to get the 15's to fit up front. The rims are 8 lug. But your selection is very limited. Basically white wagon wheels repainted to whatever color you spray paint them. If you can find a 3/4 ton 14bff it will bolt right into your K5. The 60 will also bolt in. If you do a search you can find all kinds of info on the swap you are talking about.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have 15x10's with 4 1/8" backspacing on my 1 ton axles. The wheels fit fine on the 14ff but I had to grind the D60. I would suggest if you are planning this to use 3 1/2" backspacing since it will be alot less grinding. the only wheels you can get are going to be steel in 15" 8 lug.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>