Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton driveshaft in front of 203

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Dec 15, 2002.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Not sure if this has been covered didn't find any info doing a search. My question is what needs to be done to put a 1 ton driveshaft in front of a 203. Presently have a Dana 44 front axle and plan to upgrade to a 60 in the future so in the meantime I'll use a hybrid u-joint for now. Anyone know the part # of hand? Front driveshaft needs to be rebuilt so now would be a good time for the upgrade. Pretty sure 1 tons all came with 205's so my questions is on the flange compatibility. Thanks for your help! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I got one of jesse's 1 ton high angle CVs for the front of my 203. He sent me a new flange for around $75 and I had to send my old one back to him for a $60 core charge. He machined part of the original one off from what I could see to make the flange work w/ the CV. Hope this is of some help.

3. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

You have a saginaw type flange on your 203, or a spicer type? Any pics?

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Not sure, describe both of them. It was a square flange w/ 4 bolt holes in it if that help any.

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like th4 saginaw type. Interesting. My rear 1350 CV which was converted to a asaginaw flange by Jesse has the same bolt configuration as the stock front saginaw flange. I thought it would bolt right up.. but... now you've got mw wondering.