Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton ff to 3/4 truck rear shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by carolina custom, Jun 26, 2002.

1. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

Moving the spring pearches on my 1 ton 14 bolt ff to make it fit my 3/4 ton truck and I notice the shock mounts are totaly diffrent. They are to narrow and on the wrong side of the tubes. They allso hang lower than my k20 mounts. I have thought of cutting them of and re-welding but they will hang kind of low. Any ideas?

Marc

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That's normal for the K30 shock mounts to be on the opposite side of the K20. And lower, too.

Just cut the K30 mounts off and shorten them so they look like the K20 mounts and reweld them back on the proper sides. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Thats what I am thinking also. I might run the shocks inboardand and make tube crossmember to mount if it does not hit the exhaust. I will have half the work done if I have to cut the mounts off anyway and still install the shocks /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif .
    Marc

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds good enough. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

This job will be pretty easy and straightforward to do. Good luck! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif