Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton frame?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, May 13, 2002.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I have a 1 ton frame and I was thinking of shortning it and putting a Blazer body on it. I measured the frame higths and the 1 ton is 2 inces taller, but what other advatages, if any, would I gain by doing this? Thank you.

2. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

you would most likly get a very rigid blazer that won't flex as much, but can take more abuse

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I think that is a good thing. Myself, I want my suspension to flex. Not the body. That is what the suspension is for. Biody flex just tears and breaks mounts and welds.

I would like ot get my frame as stiff as possible and make my sspension work instead.

Ken H.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Mike, you would get a very stout and solid truck.

But, not to get your hopes up, you won't get that 2" lift from the taller frame.
    The frame actually is taller, but not going up. It gets taller by going down rather than up. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Definately little flex on the frame

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You could always move the body mounts up while you were at it and make that into lift.

7. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I wasn't even thinking about that. I was just mentioning that the frame is 'wider' so it sould be stronger, but thank you for pointing that out. As far as flex, I planned on boxxing in the Blazer frame, so I wasn't going to have much body flex anyways. I will still box the one ton frame.

The reason all this came up was I was talking to a guy who rocks his Blazer and he is on his second frame because his first cracked apart. His new one is boxed in. Check out his Blazer.<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq34>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq34</a>

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Didn't that guy enter the TTC? I love that truck... Who owns it? Not very often that I see one that makes mine looks like a showroom vehicle /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif...

Marv

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

A guy named Chris owns it. He lives here in So. Cal. I will be wheeling with him this weekend. I will try to get some more pics of his truck and they will be action pics/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. I don't know about the TTC thing.

10. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I like the duck tape around the shifter. very convenient. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif