Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotto0609, Mar 16, 2007.

1. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 85 bigblock no air crew cab dually and would like to lift it just 2-3 inches. I dont want to loose any capacity because it carries a @3500 camper on it. Anybody have any suggestions on brands. The plan is for rancho 9000 shocks,rear blocks so I can keep the overloads in place,and the recommended front springs. Also not going 4' because I only am going with a 305 tire and dont want to put a block in for steering correction. thanx

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Leave the stock springs alone and install zero-rates front and rear along with a 1" or 2" body lift.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If you like the ride and just want tp put 305's put a 1" or 2" body lift, it'll be cheaper, maybe a little easier depending on how bad your body mounts, bolts are, and the ride will not change

4. scotto0609

Didn't think about zero rates but I forgot to mention the springs are only about 2 inches off the bump stops and that camper on the beach can really torque the truck over. As far as the body lift ,I believe that would be harder to install than front springs. Thank you for the input.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

also if you do want the body lift and are thinking about the blocks in the back ditch them and go get some 1-2" square tube and run this the whole length of the box for the lift to help support the camper better. you will need to mark and drill the holes threw it to be able to pass the bolts down threw. but this will suport the under side of the box much better than just the spacers.

also take in to acount the added body flex on the longer bolts and the big camper. i would possible go 2" hd springs frt and 2" block cast iron or solid in the rear.

your choice but just some good points.

6. scotto0609

Anybody manufacture a hd 2" lift. I looked at most lift companies and didnt find any listings for 2" hd.