Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton M/C swap into a blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Jan 8, 2004.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Tried searching but found no answers, Lost allot of breaking when I went to 3/4 gear and figured a bigger master cylinder would solve the problem, went to Napa but the difference in the cylinders diameter made me think otherwise. Is this possible or do I have to throw a whole new booster in too? Any help would be great, thanks.
    -Kell-

2. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

MC Replacement
    Asked the same thing last week, never got a clear, definate answer /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Those sound like the symptoms Im having, brakes seem okay you just have to push through way to much slop(yes I bleed them multiple times), but the way the MCs looked at Napa made me think they werent swapable, but who knows thats Crapa I have got more wrong parts then right at that place /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
    -Kell-

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Okiemuddog did a 1ton mc swap recently and posted up his part numbers. I'm sure it was in the "garage". I see if I can find a link.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had the same problem and went to the 1 ton MC. I just bought one for a one ton without the hydro assist for the same year.

There was a difference. The plunger on the 1/2 ton MC was flush with the housing so the Booster part just stuck out a little bit. The 1 ton MC was recessed in like 3/4 of an inch. I didnt research it, I just stuck in a spacer and put it back together. Its been years. I did fix the long pedal issue though. Now it only moves like 1 or 2 inches.

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I did this on my 82 K5 and my 86 K10. They were both a direct swap.

8. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Anybody know the specs of a 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton vs. 1 ton master cylinder???????????

9. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

sweet! thanks allot guys, this should make me feel a little bit safer when playing on snow and ice covered roads /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    -Kell-