Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton SFA S10 Build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Oct 5, 2006.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Ok So this week I started to tear apart my s10 , and get everything ready for doing an SFA on it The Specs are a follows
    1991 2 Door S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3L (High Output) 700R4 , 231 . It has 35K on the highout put motor that the PO had built for it .$300 Paid For it.
    My Plans are as follows:
    Sky's Offroad Front 2" Lift SFA Swap hanger , Sky Shackle mounts, and their 6" Chevy Spring shackles , and I have 6" TC EZ rides from my last truck , that are going on this as well .

I am using a Ford High Pinion Dana 60 that will have 4.88's , and an open diff , with crossover steering .

As Far as the rear goes it has a 3 spring pack ,52" spring setup in it currently , so i am going to move the shackle mount to the bottom of the frame ,and put the shackles there since where it is now it is kinda pointless.

In the Rear I am using a GM Corp 14 Bolt FF with 4.88's a Lincoln Locker , and Rear Disk Setup.

From What I see so far I am expecting about 10" of lift so I would like to run 37" Irok's on Hummer H2 Wheel's is the plan , and that is all I am doing this year , next year maybe an atlas or something .

Here are pictures of when I bought it and how it is now .
    All is gone but the IFS Front diff , and theo mounts that need to be torched off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

It looks god bro. i have always wanted to build a s series with full size axles under it..

3. ProJunkRacing

I had a full size , and scrapped it but I did like the beefy Drivetrain lol .

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

why are you so worried about cutting the fenders? it looks like they're junk anyways. :confused:

5. ProJunkRacing

not that I am worried just that I dont want to . If I have to I have , but not going to be the first thing done per say.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

you are going to need new driveshafts. if you go atlas later, your going to need new shafts again....just do the atlas now ;)

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

This is the type of thinking that will make a project snowball... I think this way and this is why i dont wheel. You can get shafts reworked... It may cost more in the long run but thats alot more wheeling you can do in the time being.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

exactly

9. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i know, im just giving him a hard time:D he is planning to daily drive it i believe. plus doing everything at one time ends the project quickly and then you have nothing left to do...what fun is that. but then again nothing is ever done.

that rig should be fine with the stock 231, whats the low on that? 2.72 like the 241?

10. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you might want to look into a rear shaft from a 4 door s-10, they are just a little bit longer and that might save you the cost of having yors re tubed, i think i have a few laying around

11. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Man Thats gonna be sweet when its done. Its going to be alot easier to fit that down the trails at badlands lol

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

SRW hubs would've helped immensely on the old truck. :rolleyes: