Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 Ton Shackle Flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Swanson52, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I've read that these differ from the 1/2 and 3/4 ton flips. What is the difference, and is it such that the individual flips cannot be swapped from side to side to utilize a longer rear leaf? Thanks.

2. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

The one ton has the springs closer together. The "one ton" brackets are narrower than the 1/2 & 3/4 ton brackets.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Just what he said. Spring perches are narrow on a 1-ton so we build the flip different to fit. You can still turn them around and/or move them fore and aft to suit what you want.

4. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

so if i were to put one ton axles under my blazer i would need the one ton flip or the other flip?

5. Mobile_Mechanic

Mobile_Mechanic Registered Member

True one ton axles have the spring perches closer together than 3/4 ton axles. You would therefore need to get the one ton shackle flip and one ton front spring hanger. Or you would need to move the spring perches out somewhat to line up with the stock hangers and shackle mounts.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

converting the truck to use the 1-ton spring mounts would work but most of our customers just move the spring perches on the axle and use the flip kit to match the TRUCK, not the axle. So for a K5 you would use #GU38010. Not the 1-ton flip.