Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton single wheel, no engine, 4 speed, $200

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The add said. So I called and he also said the bed was gone but it was an '81 truck. "What transfer case?", I asked.

"Ummmm....205" he said.

RAN out to my truck, hooked up the car trailor and drove 40 miles out of town at about 80 miles an hour with cash in hand.....

to find a 2wd Dually..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

you think a farmer would know what the hell a 4x4 was. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Buyer Beware? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Haha.....

Thats typical. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Quite a few year's back a freind of mine, saw an ad in the paper. It read 62 Chevrolet, $400.00. He tooka chance, drove out to this little farm. It seem's that the Husband had passed away a year or two earlier, and the elderly Widow, ran this ad, to sell a 62 Chevy.
    So Tom call's talk's a little, and drive's out there, with the $400.00. What doe's he find? A 62 Corvette, with about 30,000 on the odometer. Needless to say he gave Her the $400.00, got a bill of sale, and the Title, and drove the Vette home.

He's a helluva lot luckier then Me. I never find anything like that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

D'oh! D'oh! D'oh! Damn!!!

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

WTF!? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I'd be pissed..

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quite a few year's back a freind of mine, saw an ad in the paper. It read 62 Chevrolet, $400.00. He tooka chance, drove out to this little farm. It seem's that the Husband had passed away a year or two earlier, and the elderly Widow, ran this ad, to sell a 62 Chevy.
    So Tom call's talk's a little, and drive's out there, with the $400.00. What doe's he find? A 62 Corvette, with about 30,000 on the odometer. Needless to say he gave Her the $400.00, got a bill of sale, and the Title, and drove the Vette home.

He's a helluva lot luckier then Me. I never find anything like that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I've heard that story before too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

8. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Tell your buddy if he wants to sell the 62 chevy, I'll double his money and give him $800.00 for it. Cash in hand! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifWhat a deal!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Very true story however! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    It is a story, but very true. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I've heard that story before too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

A Very True Story However! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like the lyric's to "Private Malone" by David Ball...

Usually the story is a brand new Porsche being sold by a pissed off wife for $500... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Matt...sorry to hear about your luck. At least I feel better about my kind of luck now.

Rene

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I got one about the same as your experience.

Found a Blazer for sale in the ads and called about it. Asked if it was a full size and the owner said yes, since it was an '89 or '90 model (can't remember now). Took a 40 mile drive to go get it and once I pull into the drive, find the damn truck to be an S-10 Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thats sucks. How can people, escpecially farmers, NOT know what they have??? I missed out on an 80 1 ton, 400 SBC, 4 speed, 204, 60 front and 14 rear, and according to the moron that had it, had 4:56s in it too. He wanted $250 for it, and for some unknown reason, I sweated him alittle, maybe i could get it for less. When I went back, he didn't want to sell it. Couple years go by, and there it sat in a junkyard.

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Now and then, you can score deals like that around here. There are so many people scanning for the same deals that you have to move real fast though. It wasted my time but I wouldnt hesitate to do it again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    2 weeks after I bought my truck I saw an add for a 79 1 ton 4x4 for like 750 bucks. My deal came around... but I had already spent the money that I had...