Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, Jul 28, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

going to go get started right now, will be back tonight with up date, i fell like a excited little kid, oh wait that's what i am /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

And your not done yet /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    going to go get started right now, will be back tonight with up date, i fell like a excited little kid, oh wait that's what i am /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]""" Litlle Kids Kick Ass""" /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

got the rear axel out thats it so far /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

Hey I've been there bro, took me and my Dad 2 days to do the 3/4 swap. Fighting the whole way man A torch and an air hammer really helped though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

well i got the shackle flip in and the zero rates on the Rear springs, only worked on it for half a day, i had to go pour 20 yards of concrete today. I twisted off the brakline b-nut, so im gonna have to buy a tubing cutter and a flare tool, mabey autozone or someplace has one i can borrow, well find out tomorrow?? coming alog good so far................. probally shouldent have said that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Good luck, take your time and do things right. It just took me 3 days to do a front end /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ot the 14 bbff in and holy crap is that hing heavy, the 60 front is evean heavier, but oh well, i can tell already the difference in flex with the new springs, pretty cool!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif only problem is now i cant fit the jack under the pumkin, it sit to low, oh well i figure somthin out........slow but steady, the guy at napa was cool he let me buy the dubble flariong tool and told me i copuld bringit back, that saves me 50 bucks, well i will try to get some pictures tomorrow,
    later
    dale

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Show The Pics /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    only problem is now i cant fit the jack under the pumkin, it sit to low, oh well i figure somthin out........

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fit the jack under there with 35's /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

no the jack stands were set as high as they go and it fit real easy with the 10 bolt but now the jack wont slide under with the 14bb, the shakle flip and zero rat dropped the axel a littl bit and the new springs flex more alowing the axel to drop more

12. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

time to buy a high lift j/k. Just borrow a small car jack
    to get it high enough for your jack. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jesse