Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 Ton vs. 3/4 Ton front springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., Apr 22, 2002.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Here's one for the spring experts.

I have a 91 3/4 ton Suburban with a 350 eng. and 10 bolt front end.

I have my old front springs off my 82 1 Ton Dually with a 454 and Dana 60.

Does anyone know if these springs would fit my Burb? Would it lift it at all? Any idea how much? Is the spring rate stiffer?

If you can answer all of the above questions, you are not only my Hero, but a Leaf Spring God!

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I certainly don't qualify for "Leaf Spring God" but, I'll throw in what I can.

They will definitely fit.

They may provide a small amount of lift but not sure exactly how much. The 1 tons sit just a little higher than 3/4s, but they also have taller perches on the D60. If they have not sagged, they should set roughly flat. My K30 springs had just a little negative arch, but you had to look close to see it. If you current springs are flat, then I would say the only lift would come from a potentially thicker pack (see next point).

As for rate, the 1 tons biggest difference is in the rear. However, I’m told there are basically 2 different front springs. I’ve got a 3 leaf set. Main, military wrap second, and floating third. Supposedly the 3 leaf set is stiffer than 3/4 ton leafs, and the 2 leaf set is the same as 3/4 tons. Don’t know if that applies to Subs or not, especially since they have more weight on both axles.

Hope that helps. It’s just info I’ve picked up or stumbled across while building my K30...