Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Oct 13, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

well last night I bought a d60 front axle out of a 1990 gm 1 ton crew cad long bed srw. It has 15000 miles on it. Is this a good 60 or one of the weaker ones. It is a kingpin. Oh heres the kicker I only paid $250 dollars. He is also selling the matching 70 rear but he wants a little more. Any body intrested pm me? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

That's a great D60, standard issue 35 spline inner with 30 spline outer. Excellent score by itself plus it was dirt CHEAP to boot! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

should be a 14 bolt rear if its a standard 1-Ton SRW.

4. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

So it is one of the good ones? Anything else I should no about it? How do I know if it needs to be rebuilt? How much is that? I am pretty sure it s a 70. It is different than my 14 bolt. It has ridges or fins on the top and bottom and it is diffinetely bigger than my 14ff.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ridges and fins just means a newer 14 bolt.
    [​IMG]
    can't find a large image.

6. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif oh sorry

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It's too heavy for what you are gonna do with your truck. I have $500 cash in my pocket right now, and you can have my 10 bolt for a spare and my extra shafts and hubs /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    So I'll be over after work today and we can go pick it up. I already cleaned a spot in my garage for it. Another plus is then you dont have to bother with all that grinding again on the 60 calipers. I don't really mind grinding so It will prolly be better if you just go along with this deal /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I cant it would be unfair. The guy called today and said I can just have it if I help finish his 60 x 40 pad and help set the posts he will just give it to me since he wont use it. I offered to still pay atleast half but he insisted no because he was just going to take it out to bango anyway.

9. MTBLAZER89

F@wk You yes I'm jealous. A$$hole A$$hole...you can just have it for free now? I'll help him build a new house [censored]. I hate you /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

So now you have some spare steering parts to get rid of now right? Glad to find out you got a little better deal now.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. MTBLAZER89

Hey is you garage lock still broken??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

the 60 along with that 500cid have a nice warm place right next to me in my californis king. They can even use the blanket to keep themselves warm. All i need now are a 4l80e, klunev, sye and driveline brake for my 241, hydraulic assist, front and rear detroits, 4.88's (maybe 5.13s) and 2 HAD extreme slip drivelines, along with my spring swap.....

This list was supposed to be shorter?????

And yes justin I do have some parts for sale might be soon being this is almost a bolt in replacement. If it is not in need of a rebuild. Anyone know how to tell?