Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Finally scored a set of 1 ton axles. I bought a 1980 1 ton pickup, the body is shot and the motor had a small carb fire. But the truck has a good 400/205 combo, Dana 60/14 axles, all necessary perches. My question is, is there anything else that might be of use? I plan on doing a pickup cab and flat bed on the blazer, but would I be better off using the one ton frame and cut it down? I might also have some parts for sale, 2 sets of complete 1/2 ton axles, sm465/205, 350/208, 400/205 depending on wich t&t setup I go with. Also, I know that there has been alot of discusion on 15" 8lug rims, did we ever decide the proper backspacing for a 10" wide rim, and the cost, and best place to buy them. Where exactly does the calipers need to be ground down at? I know I am asking alot of questions here, but I am just bench racing till I can begin the work.

One more question. ORD crossover kit, looks good, but can I buy the tie rod ends somewhere esle that is cheaper? 130.00 seems high for the pair.

Keep it simple!

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

you should go with the short 1 ton frame for the extra strength it will provide. it is not as prone to cracking like the 1/2 and 3/4 ton frames. the norm on backspacing seems to be in the 3.5" to 4.5" range. the choice is yours depending what you want to run. what kind and how big of a lift will you run? what size tire do you plan to use?

i would be interested in one of those t&t combos, namely the 400/205 combo if you decide to use one of the others

3. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Right now I am running a 4 in lift and 35's. But if I do go with the 1 ton frame, I will probably step up to a six inch lift and 37 or 38's. Maybe not shorten the frame, but bob the rear. It will probably be a month before I decide wich tranny and t-case I am going to use. But when I am ready to sell I will post them on the for sale board.

Keep it simple

4. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

hey ill grab a 465/205 or the 400/205 combo if u got those for sale. just pm me.

phill