Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10/12b FF kits??

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by big94gmc, Jan 3, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

In case I completely missed the boat, why did Warn discontinue the Full Float kits for the smaller axles??

When they did make the kits, how much did they cost?

2. the general

the general Registered Member

full-floater kitt

if i am correct drivetrainsuperstores.com sells these things for about $ 650(12 bold GM) i have tried too contact them but they do not respont (maybe because i am living in The Netherlands) wanted that kitt my self too
    regards Patrick.:grin:

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I don't think it was a money maker for them, the kit was about $800 and that's hard to justify when you can just put in a 14FF for way less. I'm still a little surprised they dropped it because the only parts of the kit that weren't used in other kits were the spindle and axleshaft. You could still create a 12BFF using a Warn 9" kit with custom shafts and new weld on housing ends. You'd have to be pretty motivated to do that compared to building a 9" or slapping in a 14 bolt.

Another problem is that it doesn't really increase the overall strength of the vehicle's drivetrain that much. I ran 37's on my 12BFF and could probably get away with 37's on the front with superiors and CTM's but you're kind of pushing it. The FF feature is nice just for durability and security.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Your right, they do have the 12 bolt FF kit listed for 650.00