Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 axle swaps in the past month

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 21, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If I count all the axles in the past month I've either removed, installed, or both, it's been ten. If I count all those plus the ones I've had to load, transport and unload, its more like 18.

Here, a 4.56 Dana 60 is replacing a 4.10 60 in my GMC on Friday in Ione, Wa...
    [​IMG]
    ...and the 4.10 Dana 60 goes to replace a Dana 44 front in my Orange Blazer in Spokane Friday night. Even took time today (Saturday) to goof off and "test" it out.
    [​IMG]

People think I'm nuts sometimes for always swapping things around. 4 motors in and out in that same time period, and two more to be added to that list this week. As well as more axles. I don't feel like counting tranny's and T-cases. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ok, that ends another pointless post by mountainexplorer. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

if that what you love to do go for it, are you trying to find the best combination of axel gears, tire sizes, and motor displacement? /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

Hey if you like doing axles... Cruise down to california and swap out my 10 bolts! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifLet me know when your coming... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's my process of getting other rigs rolling and driving and up for sale, and keeping axles (the "good" ones /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) for the vehicles I'm keeping... and also it's my way of trying to put the ideal combo's in the rigs I have based on the new "inventory".