Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt axle shaft question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I need to buy some new axles and am wondering about axle u-joint, my diff is taken apart and I decided to buy some new u-joints for the axles before I put it back together. Do you guys happen to know the spicer part number for the joint?
    Oh yeah I don't have the axle with we so I can't just compare at the machine shop, need to go by p/ns.
    I have searched and came up with a few numbers 5-297x, 5-760, 297. These were for the d44 axle, now when people say that they are interchangable from the knuckles, are they refering to the u-joint as the knuckle? So does this include the u-joint out or past the u-joint at the stub shaft?
    Gotta get this diff in I'm missing out on awesome snow conditions to wheeling, some drifts here are up past my hood, and I was up past my axles in 2wd yesterday doing ok but need that add assurance of the front diff

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

wow snow cool
    on your ujoints just load up the complete drive axle and take it to your local napa dealer if ya got 1 or most good auto parts stores will - should b abl 2 help ya
    hey also
    what city - state are u in as your profile is not filled in completey that may b why nobody has responede 2 u yet
    i just did som drive axles last week but dont recall the part nu either
    good luck 2 ya

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

snow sucks, i wish i could never see anymore ever again,

knuckle of shaft would be at u joint