Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 Bolt Confusion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by danny7139, Mar 6, 2007.

1. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

I have a gov bomb that exploded and was wondering what came in the 10 bolts in 88 blazers without the G80 code. Was it just an open carrier or what? Did it have a locker of some sort? The reason I ask is because I've been looking all over ebay for a replacement and I see 2 types of cases for stock 28 spline 8.5" carriers. My case has the 04-6 stamped on it. I'm wondering if the other type of case would fit in the housing with my 3.08 gears and not need a shim of some sort. Also I see the 8.5 car cases with the posi and that little S clip inside, would that work in my 10 bolt aswell? Very confused as you can tell so I really appreciate all the help you guys can give me.:bow:

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just make a wanted post in the classifieds. There is probably tons of people who will send you their old junk for next to nothing plus shipping. Prolly even find someone who has a complete axle all set up in your area if you are lucky.

Just my .02 instead of buying a new carrier on ebay.

3. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep, I threw 2 of them out last fall.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

G80 is a generic traction aid RPO among GM vehicles, in our trucks/vintage, it's gov-lock.

No G80 means no traction aid, in this case.