Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt/Dana 44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Truckfan2, Apr 27, 2000.

1. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

I need so info that you guys may have. I've got a 3/4 ton (8 lug) 10 bolt (with a broken long shaft) on my '77 Jimmy and 2 1/2 ton (6 lug) Dana 44's lying around. I'm switching the axles out of my '89 Jimmy and I would rather have an 8 lug Dana 44 than the 10 bolt. Is there anyway that the 10 bolt knuckle assembly would fit onto the Dana 44. I hear there are no strength diffs between the Dana 44 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton, just the knuckle/rotor assembly. Is the 10 bolt's going to fit, or do I have to get a 3/4 ton Dana 44??? Any info would be great, thanks.

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

2. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

never mind about that... I just did a search on that and answered my own question... thanks for the info guys. One more thing, what difficulties will I run into in doing this swap? How long will it take? thanks again

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

It is as easy as swapping the knuckles out. It will take a while, but it will work.
    If you have anymore question about this I have done it.

Email me.

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club