Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 BOLT DEATH WOBBLE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1BAD88, Mar 4, 2002.

1. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I am curious as to if anyone else is experiencing this with stock 10 bolts? My truck has a stock lift with 33's and I am starting to get the DW .But it never did this before could it be a bad steering pump or motor mount? I want to find the cure to this and all my front end parts are fairly new what should I be looking for and if anyone with 10 bolts had this .how did you find and fix it?...thanks for any info in advance hopefullt we can find out what the hell causes this and we can all fix it...............

2. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

check your wheel bearings mine were very loose. tightenen em up and i was good to go.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have experienced it twice, both from different causes. First of all, make sure that your ball joints and tie rod ends are tight. After that, the next culprit is the steering stabilizer. If it is worn (sometimes indicated by leaking) or any of the bolts aren't tight, you will get the DW. Once I had just 1 bolt kind of loose and I couldn't get the truck over 35 mph without thinking the whole front axle was about to fly off.

The other time I had it was due to a brake caliper that wouldn't release.